Anti Bullying PolicySTATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Eau Claire Academy Education Department believes that all students have the right to a safe and healthy school environment regardless of gender, race, sexuality or disability. Both victims and bullies need support and guidance to become happy healthy and kind adults. All reports of bullying will be investigated and taken seriously.
Bullying: A person who intentionally tries to hurt others by making them feel uncomfortable. · Hurting them by kicking, hitting, pushing, tripping, etc. · Name-calling. · Spreading hurtful rumors. The bully’s actions occur repeatedly over time. Bullying is an act repeated, intentional and has a power imbalance between the person bullying and the victim.
Verbal Bullying: The use of words and language to cause emotional distress to another person, exclude them, or make them feel threatened by others
Physical Bullying: The repeated unwanted violation of another person’s body through hitting, touching, tripping, kicking, threats and other forms of physical harm. It may also extend to targeted theft
Indirect Bullying: May include exclusion and spreading of rumors
Cyber Bullying: Repeated bullying that occurs in an online space
1. The Eau Claire Academy School expects students and /or staff to immediately report incidents of bullying to the principal or designee. Staff who witness bullying should take immediate steps to intervene when it is safe to do so.
2. The Eau Claire Academy School will not tolerate behavior that infringes on the safety of any student.
3. Each complaint of bullying will be promptly investigated.
4. Students who bully are in violation of this policy and are subject to disciplinary action.
5. The Eau Claire Academy Education Department will provide staff development training in bullying prevention.
6. Teachers will discuss this policy with their students in age-appropriate ways and assure them that they need not endure any form of bullying.